Friday, July 13, 2007

Here's a special blog post from Magic Matt's fiance Anne.

I just wanted to shout out to all of Magic Matt's customers, friends and associates:

In addition to managing his rapidly growing business, and always going the extra mile to take care of each and every one of his clients, he also makes time to be the most AMAZING caretaker to me while I'm recovering from some serious injuries I suffered recently from a bizarre accident I had during a kayaking trip on the 4th.

That is a story in and of itself, but in short, I recklessly tried to attempt rope swinging into the Russian River from a minicliff - over some dangerous rocks. Matt had done it successfully, and I wanted to keep up with him, despite his concerns. His concern was justified, as I slipped from the rope prematurely, flipped over ON THE ROCKS, then finally into the water. Matt dashed to my rescue the moment he saw me slip, and he was there at my side as soon as I landed.

He and my sister, along with several other wonderfully caring and supportive people who witnessed my fall, ferried me carefully across the river on a makeshift raft to a beach the EMTs could get to to, in order to get me into the ambulance and rush me to the hospital. I had broken a vertebrae in my neck, severely sprained my arm, and banged, cut and bruised my body up all over - though given the nature of my fall, I am extraordinarily lucky not to be paralyzed or dead.

I have been in a neck brace and arm sling since I got home, and for the first couple of days I was unable to even get myself to the bathroom without assistance. And my dearest, darling Magic Matt has been there the WHOLE TIME, doing EVERYTHING for me. He fed me and bathed me when I couldn't do it myself, and still, as I'm still healing but semi-functional, he does ALL THE CLEANING, ALL THE COOKING, helps me get dressed, drives me to and from my doctor's appts, interrupts his busy days to shuttle me to and from my office, and is up several times in the middle of the night when he hears me struggling with my brace or to change out my ice pack. And in the midst of it all, he is constantly encouraging and incredibly loving throughout.

Just thought I'd give you all a little window into the man they call Magic Matt.

HE IS THE MOST AMAZING MAN IN THE WORLD, AND I AM THE LUCKIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Anne, You are my true love. Its been my pleasure to help you any way I can.

And in blinkee news, I'm currently working on a new shopping cart for blinkee.com and will be implementing it shortly. It will have shipping options, real credit card processing, google checkout and much more. Thanks for being a Magic Matt supporter. -Matt

1 comment:

leslexia said...

Hi Anne...
I'm soooooooooooo glad you have recovered enough to write a blog post. I'm sorry you had an accident, and I have been thinking about you sending you good juju ever since my magic brother told me about it. I know you will make a full recovery, and I am glad you guys get this chance to get closer, at least. you never know what life will bring you to show you who you are and what you have, and what you are made of. I love you.
you sis-to-be,
L